Friday, May 23, 2014

On Thursday we went to the Bargello, an art museum which contains the original artworks by Donatello and Michelangelo. This was by far my favorite place we have visited yet, but we were unfortunately not allowed to take photos inside the museum. I cannot express how baffled I was by everything in the Bargello. It has been and continues to be inspiring to live in and learn about a society that placed art, philosophy, rhetoric, poetry and creativity at its center. 

The photos in this stream are from the latter half of our Wednesday class at the Basilica of Santa Croce, in which we viewed the tombs of Dante (a monument, he's not actually buried there) Galileo, Michelangelo and Machiavelli. It was overwhelming to say the very least; the photos below say more than I can. 

Today (Friday), I slept in and had a relaxing day sitting at a cafe in Piazza Santa Croce with Bobby working on some of our reading after a fun but very late night out the night before, in which I managed to fall on the cobblestone streets and tear up my knee before we had even gotten to the bar - I'm going to have quite the scar when it heals. I'll be catching up on Game of Thrones tonight, and then Jenna and I are headed to Venice in the morning to meet Aaron, Kenny and Jack and explore the city.

This trip is already so much more than I had imagined it would be. It is truly going to be difficult to leave. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment